Support for Compact Framework?

Dec 4, 2008 at 2:13 PM
I've been investigating the use of NBehave for executing tests within a device emulator. This would require Compact Framework support.

I rebuilt NBehave.Narrator.Framework for the Compact Framework, which required a couple of relatively minor compilation fixes (I didn't look too closely at the errors, I simply made it compile). This allowed me to execute a simple NBehave test through Visual Studio/MSTest and the device emulator. However, I don't see the usual story text output, I simply get the test results. Presumably I need to implement an IMessageProvider to support this setup.

Are there any plans to support NBehave on the Compact Framework?
~Colin.

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2008 at 11:14 AM
Sorry for the late reply.
As far as I know there are no plans for Compact framework support, I honestly dont know what we need to do to support it. If you want support for it please send us a patch :)

I think you should implement IEventListener instead of IMessageProvider, see how the xml output is implemented with XmlOutputEventListener
/Morgan

May 28, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Hi,

I have had great success with testing Compact Framework dll’s from regular Windows test with NUnit. That is I don't use the emulator.
The emulator is very slow. So I really recommend testing netcf dlls from regular windows test suites. Testing this way can miss some bugs with GUI stuff. Testing business rules will be no problem.
Have you tried this with NBehave? This should work fine. You get a warning when adding a netcf dll dependency, but it works fine. 

--
  Arnt