Jul 1, 2009 at 4:39 AM
Edited Jul 1, 2009 at 4:45 AM
First off great work!
I recently downloaded nbehave to test in a MSTest project. I had a few minor issues but nothing serious.
I didn't have time to look into joining as a contributor to source, or read on what your change policies were like.
As a quick and dirty hack, I added this method to the StoryResults class:
This enabled me to check for existence in the for loop inside CompileResults method of Story. This fixes the minor summary output issue in the current release.
I have temporarily extended this code base to be MSTest specific so that we can run without TestDriven.net and still use the built in testing commands for common functions.
I swapped out the attributes for MSTest attributes, and added the following check to call TestInitialize in the StoryRunner class.
I also copied the FileOutputListener and created a ConsoleOutputListener to write the same results to the output window.
In less than 30 minutes I was able to get it to work with our existing test template format.
The readable format of this approach has our PM very excited. I sincerely hope you keep up this great work!
I am interested in other people's experiences especially around using this within VS and MSTest.