.net acceptance of BDD

Oct 29, 2009 at 12:32 PM
Edited Oct 29, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Do you think that the take up of BDD in the .net community is quite limited at present as the discussion forum is not that active

I only just came across nBehave today due to a job advertisement requiring BDD - and it caught my interest.

Do you feel Open Source projects in general still take longer to gain acceptance in the .Net community - Java seems to have a wider acceptance of these tools with .net usually creating versions of well known Java applications (never the other way round).

What are the future development plans for nBehave?

Hope this makes sense as am at work and typing very quickly... lol

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2009 at 6:30 PM
markadaptyourbusi wrote:

Do you think that the take up of BDD in the .net community is quite limited at present as the discussion forum is not that active

I only just came across nBehave today due to a job advertisement requiring BDD - and it caught my interest.

Do you feel Open Source projects in general still take longer to gain acceptance in the .Net community - Java seems to have a wider acceptance of these tools with .net usually creating versions of well known Java applications (never the other way round).

What are the future development plans for nBehave?

Hope this makes sense as am at work and typing very quickly... lol

In general I dont think that many are doing bdd and in the .net world it seems that thos who do it has an urge to write their own framework, found over 20 frameworks last time I looked around.

The future for NBehave, well first we should get a new version out  :) Then we should add more features to text scenarios like language support. table support that cucumber has would also be nice to have.

Nov 14, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Table support feature would be really nice. Any existing plans for that?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Nov 14, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Added table support as a feature request on google code

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I've noticed that the current GoogleCode version is v.5.x now. The wiki could really do with updating to cover the new features (and remove some of the comments to quickstarts that don't exist).

I still amazed by the small number of people doing BDD. As I couldn't get Cucumber going with IronRuby I think NBehave is currently the only option. It deserves more attention from the community.

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Yes its true more documentation is needed, but my time is a bit limited now and coding is more fun than documenting...

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:48 PM

That's how projects die though, not in fire but in ice. Other devs come to the site, assume it's a dead project and walk away. :(

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2010 at 5:09 PM

There, I added some info on whats implemented in trunk.